7 Immutable Laws of Successful Weight Loss

7 Need to Know Tips To Be Successful at Fat Loss

Weight loss has become a hot topic over the years. There are so many ways that one can lose weight. But how do you know what really works? If you have been looking for ways to lose fat, there are some universal truths about fat loss you must know. Read on to find out more about these immutable laws of successful fat loss.

7 Things You Need to Know About Fat Loss

Dieting is a lifestyle

Diet the right way. Don’t think of a diet as something you have to suffer through for a short period. Think of dieting for the long term. Identify the habits that caused your unwanted weight gain in the first place.

In most cases, if you are on a crash diet for a short period, you will get results. But once you go back to your former eating habits, all the weight you lost comes back. You will need to make a permanent change to your eating habits.

You can try some dieting plans that are proven to work, including low-carb, ketogenic, Atkins, Paleo, or intermittent fasting. Rihanna and Khloe Kardashian are on a ketogenic diet and claim it burns excess fat 10 times faster than any other.

Remember the why

If you do something without knowing the reason, you will rarely keep going when faced with challenges. While on a fat loss plan, you have to ask yourself why you are going through all that.

Yes, you want to lose the excess fat, but why do you want to do it?

Maybe you want to be fit, want to feel confident with your body when in places such as the beach, or want to fit in that dress you bought. Having a realistic goal will motivate you to work even harder to achieve it.

Track your calories

It’s a commonly known fact that, for weight loss, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn. You don’t necessarily have to count the number of calories as that may lead to you having an unhealthy relationship with food. However, calculating them can be useful for you as you will be aware of how many calories you consume in each food serving.

Kate Hudson admits she consumes 1,500 calories per day. Weigh yourself regularly to see evidence of your efforts. However, if you don’t want all the hustle of counting calories, at least ensure you’re eating whole foods such as cereals, lean proteins, fruits, as well as healthy fats.

Dieting is imperfect7 Immutable Laws of Successful Fat Loss

Accept that no one diet is perfect. They all work by restricting your food choices and the number of calories you eat. Furthermore, being on a diet doesn’t mean you can’t indulge once in a while.

Have a flexible dieting plan. You can follow your dieting plan 90% of the time and treat yourself the other 10%. Forgive yourself if you slip up and get back on track.

Fat loss is better through exercise

Although your diet is a significant determinant in the success of your fat loss plan, it is always recommended to incorporate physical exercise in this plan.

Workouts are an excellent way of losing excess fats while at the same time helping you build your muscle mass.

Do a couple of weight and strength training exercises such as lifting weights, jumping, planks, and squats every day. Hilary Duff does a lot of strength training exercises to keep her body in good shape. Include an exercise plan to increase your rate of success.

Keep tabs on your protein intake

Proteins are the building blocks of muscle mass. However, the amount of protein you consume has a significant effect on the amount of weight you lose.

Lots of dieting plans have always encouraged high protein, but this has changed. Too many proteins, primarily from animal products, is counterproductive and may lead to you gaining weight instead of losing it.

A vegan diet is recommended. If you are worried that a vegan diet will lead to loss of muscle, studies have shown that there are foods in this diet that have bodybuilding properties. Some celebrities are on a vegan diet, including Brad Pitt and Miley Cyrus.

Fat loss will slow down when you become leaner

If you have ever been on a diet, this may have happened to you. It’s common knowledge that the weight loss in the first two weeks of your fat loss plan is the most.

For this reason, be extra careful with your diet and stick to it in the first two weeks. After the first two or three weeks of dieting, you might notice that the rate slows down. This mechanism is called metabolic adaptation; your body uses fewer calories to provide the required amount of energy.

This mechanism also makes fat loss nearly impossible. When this happens, you might have to practice reverse dieting, which means you might need to eat more calories.


There’s no greater feeling than achieving your goal. If you are looking for ways to lose fat and reduce weight naturally, these tips will help. They are the immutable laws for successful fat loss.