Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
A satisfying sandwich stuffed with fiber, healthy fats, and a rich concentration of nutrients from a variety of savory vegetables! This vegetable sandwich makes for the ultimate quick, filling, healthy, DIY on-the-go meal! You can use gluten-free if sensitive or even your favorite wheat bread! This is one of the great affordable options you can make at home! Makes 4 servings.
Vegetable Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 red, yellow, or orange peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 8 thick asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large baguette, or 4 large rolls (gluten-free if sensitive)
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, sliced thinly
Vegetable Sandwich Directions
- Preheat grill. Place the vegetables on a grill basket or sheet of foil. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes turning once. Set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on 4 of the slices of bread. Place ¼ cup of the arugula and 1 ounce of sliced cheese on the other 4 slices. Divide the grilled vegetables between the 4 sandwiches and top with the pesto-coated bread.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.