Beef Taco Salad Recipe
Who doesn’t love a great taco salad? Seriously! Grass-fed beef is lower in calories, contains more healthy omega-3 fats, more vitamins A and E, higher levels of antioxidants, and up to seven times the beta-carotene. When paired with high vitamin C foods, you to absorb more iron from the meat. Makes 4 servings.
Beef Taco Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup jarred chunky-style salsa
- 8 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups unsalted tortilla chips
- Heat a large pan. Add beef and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the beans and salsa and keep warm .
- Combine the lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and oil and toss with the lettuce and vegetables.
- Top each salad portion with the beef and bean mixture, cheese, and sour cream.
- Serve tortilla chips on the side.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of? Let us know and we will make it happen!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!