Black Bean Potato Patties Recipe
What an amazing recipe we have for you! These black bean potato patties will fill you up and is simply delicious! Black beans happen to be one of the best foods for healthy digestion. They are great at keeping the good guy bacteria in our colon happy so they can keep everything moving along. Makes 8 servings.
Black Bean Potato Patties Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
Salsa Sauce Ingredients
- ¾ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Drain cashews and transfer to a high speed blender.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, green onions, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add beans and mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Fold in sweet potato, egg, and breadcrumbs. Divide into 12 balls and flatten slightly to form patties.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Use remaining 1 tablespoon oil to brush a circle of oil on prepared sheet, place a patty on top and brush top with a little oil. Repeat with remaining patties. Broil 4 inches from heat until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream with lime juice, salsa, and salt. Serve salsa sauce with the patties.
Looking for a certain breakfast recipe, snack, or anything else you can think of? A tasty snack food? Or just more of the same greatness? Let us know and we can make it happen!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below. Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!