Eggplant Pancakes Recipe
This is the season to get some great tasting eggplant. Hit up the farmers market often. Then use your eggplant which has the phytonutrient nasunin, that protects our cell membranes from free radical damage, in these wheat free pancakes. Try out this simple, delicious recipe.
Eggplant Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, and more for cooking pancakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspsoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Ingredients
- 1 28-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, or roast 2 large red peppers in oven, peel and deseed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Slice eggplant in half and brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out eggplant flesh and chop. In a large bowl, combine eggplant with coconut milk, eggs, and basil.
- In a small bowl, combine garbanzo flour, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder, za’atar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet. When pancake has small bubbles on surface flip to cook other side, about 2-3 minutes per side. A griddle works as well. Read more about the best pancake griddle.
- To make sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve at room temperature or warmed over pancakes.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.