Protein Bites Recipe
These simply look awesome and are a great way to help you overcome those mid-morning or late afternoon snacking urges. These protein bites are an ideal way to get energized and power through the day. Snacks can play an important part in sustaining your energy through busy days, but only if they are nutritionally well-balanced. The sweetness in this snack comes from dates that contain fiber to keep blood sugar from spiking – providing you with a smooth trip through the day. Makes 12 servings.
Protein Bites Ingredients
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 5 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, (optional)
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until mixture blends together. Refrigerate for 4 hours to firm up.
- Remove from processor bowl. Form 12 equal balls. Place coconut in a small bowl and roll each ball in it to coat.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to a week.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.