Asparagus Soup Recipe
You’ll love this amazing asparagus soup – asparagus is so good for you! It contains dulse which is a dark red seaweed that has a slightly salty, vague bacon-like flavor. Some strains of seaweed are rich in protein, Vitamin B12, and trace minerals. It’s also a great source of iodine which is so important for thyroid health. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in seaweeds and can decrease the inflammation related to asthma as well as improve depression. Makes 4 servings.
Asparagus Soup Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dulse flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chives, for garnish
- Heat a medium pot. Add coconut oil, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, asparagus, and peas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 of the the mixture to a blender. Carefully blend until smooth and return to pot. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to blend some of the soup, leaving some chunkiness.
- Continue cooking for about 3 minutes until asparagus and peas are tender but still bright green. Remove from heat and stir in tarragon, dulse, salt, and pepper. Garnish with chives before serving.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.