Mushroom Balls Recipe
Change up your classic spaghetti with this awesome vegan mushroom balls recipe! These meatless mushroom balls have the umami-rich flavor and texture of traditional meatballs. Use an egg instead of the egg replacer if you’d like. Serve them over pasta with your favorite sauce. Makes 32 vegan balls.
Mushroom Balls Ingredients
- 2 ⅔ cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, about 2 cups chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg equivalent EnerG egg replacer
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with silicone liners.
- Simmer broth in a large pan. Add rice and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir occasionally until rice is tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large pan. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to the bowl containing the rice.
- Stir in the egg substitute mixture, breadcrumbs, almond meal, nutritional yeast, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Form balls the size of a ping-pong ball and places them on prepared baking sheets. Brush each with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.