Gluten-Free Strawberry Banana Muffins
Summertime is the perfect time to load up on an abundance of healthy snacks! Having a healthy snack stash in the freezer helps keep you sane on the days you need something to just grab and go. These strawberry banana muffins make the perfect addition! Dairy-free and gluten-free, these muffins are simple to whip up and full of healthy fuel.
Recipe: Strawberry Banana Muffins
Even if you don’t avoid dairy or gluten, these strawberry banana muffins are awesome to have on hand. The bananas, berries, and maple syrup keep them naturally sweet (no sugar binges here) and they taste indulgent even though they’re loaded with tummy-filling ingredients.
If you’ve never tried buckwheat before, these healthy muffins will have you sold (as will these gluten-free strawberry pancakes!!). This grain-like seed keeps everything super light unlike a lot of gluten-free flours.
Since so many of us take in a lot of inflammatory foods (even without realizing it), having some options to balance that out is always a good plan. Buckwheat is also loaded with fiber and even has a decent amount of plant-based protein, coming in with 12 amino acids.
And because it’s gluten-free, it doesn’t leave you feeling weighed down and sluggish. Just the opposite in fact. The buckwheat combined with the healthy fats from the almond flour and coconut oil helps keep you satiated and loaded with fuel.
If there’s one trick to rocking your goals and staying consistent with your health, it’s to always have healthy snack options on hand – especially if you have kids. These healthy muffins make life a little less crazy on those chaotic days.
Whip up a double batch (because you’re sure to eat two or three out of the oven…) and keep some in the fridge or freezer. On days when you know you’re running around like crazy, all you have to do is grab one and go!
Use the muffins as a quick snack out the door, at the park, or out on a hike. Pair them with a piece of fruit and you’ll be loaded with energy.
One thing to note though is that they are light. This means that you can gobble them in about two seconds (hehe) but also that they’ll get smashed easily at the bottom of a bag, so take care.
Ingredients In the Strawberry Banana Muffins
- ½ cup light buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, measured solid
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup diced strawberries
How To make The Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana and whisk together the wet ingredients mixing well.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until combined. Let sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the liquid to absorb slightly. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spray or line a muffin tin and portion out the batter into six muffin cups.
- Bake for 19-21 minutes, until the top, is starting to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the tray to cool.
- Makes 6 muffins.
These gluten-free, dairy-free, strawberry banana muffins are simple to whip up and make a fueling healthy snack.
They are perfect to keep on hand for busy days to stay consistent with your goals.
- 10 Bodyweight Exercises You Need To Master - September 3, 2020
- A Recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Bars - March 18, 2020
- Strawberry Banana Muffins Recipe - May 29, 2019
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.