Increase Productivity With a Pill?
Need a way to increase productivity? One of the hottest up-and-coming trends in workplace nutrition is wakefulness enhancers. In fact, several movies have shown these as if they are “smart” pills that improve efficiency and productivity – think a badass James Bond focus and intensity. Are they for you? Check out some of the latest information on this rapidly growing market!
Need to increase productivity?
Whether you are feeling tired because you stayed up too late last night or you have worked overtime every night this week, the reality is that far too many people are suffering from mental and physical fatigue.
In fact, several studies have proven that feeling tired can have a hugely negative impact on your ability to remain productive throughout the day.
In 2007, it was determined that at least 37.9 percent of all American workers are fatigued on any given day, and this leads to an astronomical cost of more than $136 billion in lost productivity.
With this in mind, it is no wonder that so many people are turning to wakefulness enhancers such as nootropics to help them increase their work performance.
How do Wakefulness Enhancers Work?
If you drink coffee, then you already have a good idea of how a basic wakefulness enhancer can impact your day. A jolt of caffeine is a good way to get your morning started on the right foot, but there are some potential drawbacks to this approach.
For example, caffeine can lead to headaches or a feeling of jitteriness. Additionally, the crash that can accompany this wakefulness agent a few hours later just might be worse than the problem you are trying to solve.
To avoid these issues, it is best to seek out a supplement that does not have the same potential drawbacks. At the same time, it is also imperative to research your choices so that you do not end up selecting a product that could do you more harm than good.
For example, energy drinks such as Red Bull can reportedly help keep you energized throughout the day, but at what cost? Research indicates that chronic Red Bull usage can lead to obesity, insomnia, and an increased risk of osteoporosis.
To avoid these complications and get the most out of your chosen wakefulness agent, it is best to follow a few tips:
- Read the Medical Research – Any product or supplement can claim to be a wakefulness agent, especially if it has not been evaluated by the FDA. A study published in 2012 showcases Ampakine’s ability to promote wakefulness, even after a period of sleep deprivation. This compound can be found in numerous nootropics, including Aniracetam, Ampalex, and Sunifiram. By adding one or more of these nootropic supplements to your regular routine, you should be able to steer clear of many of the productivity issues that are associated with fatigue.
- Take Supplements as Needed – A wakefulness agent has been designed with the express intention of helping your feel alert long enough to get through your workday. However, taking one of these enhancers multiple times per day or during your off time could make it difficult to get a good night’s sleep. Therefore, it is best to turn to wakefulness enhancers only when you truly need them to give you a mental boost.
- Avoid Negative Interactions – Nootropics can be stacked together to provide better results, but not all supplements or wakefulness enhancers can be mixed together. In fact, people who choose energy drinks could deal with serious complications if they end up drinking at the end of the day. On the other hand, you can reduce or eliminate other negative side effects by putting the right supplements together. The perfect example of this is stacking caffeine pills with L-Theanine. This particular mixture will help you feel alert without causing a headache or jitters.
- Set Intentions – All of the energy in the world will not help you if you end up wasting it on something unnecessary. If you truly need to focus on a work-related task, be sure to minimize any potential distractions. There are several browser plug-ins you can use to block social media sites while you are working, and this is definitely a step in the right direction.
- Help Yourself by Getting Adequate Rest and Exercise – The best way to naturally boost your energy levels is by always getting a solid eight hours of sleep and exercising for 30 minutes a day. If you incorporate these two simple steps into your life, you should experience a reduction in stress and feel more capable of focusing on vital tasks. Combining sleep and exercise with a wakefulness enhancer can help propel you to the next level during crunch time.
Ultimately, the only way to sustain and increase productivity is by helping your body meet or exceed its’ basic needs.
Good nutrition, sleep, and exercise are all productivity boosters, and enhancers such as the nootropic Aniracetam have the potential to help you crank out some of your best, most focused work and even can make for a workout booster!