Chia Jam Recipe
It’s berry season! Blueberries are a well-known source of antioxidants and they reduce blood pressure due to the nitric oxide they contain which relaxes and widens the blood vessels! This makes for a great, relatively simplistic recipe that you and your family will love! Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Chia Jam Ingredients
- 18 ounces blueberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Chia Jam Directions
- Place the blueberries and honey in a medium pot. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing most of the blueberries with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in chia seeds and cardamom. Cook until it thickened, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and blend in lemon zest.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.