Carrot and Lentil Soup Recipe
Red lentils are so quick and easy to cook. They are an excellent source of soluble fiber that provides a slow-burning carbohydrate source to feed you steady energy. [Sounds like a really great, energizing combination!] Makes 4 servings of this toasted spice carrot and lentil soup.
Lentil Soup Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 5 ounces red lentils
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
Lentil Soup Directions
- Heat a medium pot and cook the cumin seeds and chili flakes in the dry pot for 2 minutes, until fragrant and a shade darker.
- Set aside one-quarter of the seeds. Add the oil, carrots, lentils, broth, and coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and sprinkle with the toasted spices.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Latest posts by Jennifer Cohen Katz (see all)
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.