Push-Up Workout for a Killer Upper Body
Push-ups are well-known for engaging unexpected muscles, from the abdominal core to the lower back. Thus, a push-up workout is perfect and simple enough not only to be incorporated into nearly every athlete’s training program but also yours for a killer upper body! Here’s how!
Home push-up workout…
If you deeply desire to have a strong muscular upper body with a clearly outlined chest in the comforts of your home, we’ve just got the upper body push-up workout to help you achieve that.
In just 4 moves you’ll be able to train your shoulders, chest and triceps.
As for the number of repetitions for this workout, go on to do as much as possible in 5 minutes for a killer upper body workout. Good luck!
Wide Arm Push-Up
Wider arm push-ups, unlike the regular ones, target the varying areas of the upper body, chest, and shoulder in particular along with providing more definition to the lats.
- Get into a regular push-up position with the wrists underneath the shoulder.
- To do the wide arm push-up move your hands a few inches wider.
- Inhale while bending the elbows and bringing the body towards the floor.
- Push yourself back up, straightening your arms to do the next push-up.
Doing regular push-ups in general increases the strength of the muscles.
On the other hand, it has been known to promote the production of human growth hormones responsible for building muscle mass.
- So, continue by bringing back your hands underneath the shoulders.
- Tighten the core, and lower the body with the count of two.
- Push your body back up to the starting position.
- And, get ready to go into the next push-up position.
The Diamond push-up is considered one of the hardest variants of the traditional push-up.
Thus, for maximum benefits such as stronger triceps, chest, and front part of the deltoids, a good technique with excellent execution is required.
- From the previous position, move your hand to place them under the chest.
- Make a diamond shape with your hands as the thumbs touch each other.
- Descend slowly, keeping the elbows close to the body.
- From this position, push-up still keeping the elbows close to the body.
Pike push-up is an excellent yet straightforward exercise to build strength in the shoulders. But, despite that do not be fooled as it’s going to become your go-to exercise, if you ever plan to work your way up to the handstand push-up.
- Now, bring up the legs and place the hands straight and shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your hips so that the body forms an upside-down V.
- To begin with, bend the elbows and lower the upper body forward.
- It should be done in a way that the top of the head nearly touches the floor.
- As you do it, count to two and push yourself up to repeat the whole workout.
Though, at the end of your push-up workout, do make sure to take a shower with the tea tree antifungal soap in it or with an organic shower gel to keep the skin infections caused by sweat at bay.
After all, will be responsible for your own safety, right? So, are you then going to get started today?