Chicken Apple Stew Recipe
For this great chicken stew recipe, try to find uncured bacon for this smoky soup. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, in the form of beta-carotene, which helps maintain healthy skin and also plays a vital role in eye health. This chicken stew recipe makes 4 servings.
Chicken Apple Stew Ingredients
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Chicken Apple Stew Directions
- Cook bacon in a large pot until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to cool. Chop and set aside. Pour off bacon grease leaving the layer coating the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions, celery, and chicken and cook 10 minutes until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, and apple and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in apple cider, broth, tomato paste, thyme, salt, and pepper. Lower heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes until carrots and sweet potatoes become tender.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with chopped bacon.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.