Cherry Vanilla Energy Bites
It’s no secret that you’re busy — we all are! Between work, kids, fitness, and obligations, chances are you’re constantly on the move. Which is why it’s crucial to have healthy snacks on hand! Energy balls are an easy staple (along with healthy smoothies like this one) that allow you to always be on the go and make healthy food choices at the same time.
Why Cherry Vanilla Balls?
These little balls are tasty, sweet, and full of energy-boosting nutrients. They make the perfect afternoon snack when you need a pick me up, and are easy enough to cart with you. They also freeze well, so make a big batch at once and you can grab them anytime you need a quick pick me up!
These cherry vanilla bites have a date base which means they give you a big boost of energy when needed. However, since every sugar high comes with a crash, they’re mixed with almonds to slow the release of energy and keep your sugar levels stable.
Cherry Vanilla Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup dates soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 3/4 almonds
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
Cherry Vanilla Bites Directions
- In a blender, grind almonds until crumbly. Do not grind into a full flour.
- Add in the dates, syrup, and vanilla and blend. You may need to scrape down the sides to make sure the dates are fully broken down.
- Once the mixture looks like a giant sticky ball, it’s ready to be scraped into a large bowl.
- Once in the bowl, add in the oats and cherries. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Line a cutting board with parchment paper. Grab some coconut oil if you have it and rub it on your hands. This helps prevent the mixture from sticking too much to your hands.
- Roll the mixture into balls roughly one inch in diameter. Place the balls on the parchment paper and place in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week or keep extra balls in the freezer and grab when ready to serve.
Cherry Vanilla Energy Balls make the perfect portable snack. They’re an easy, no-bake snack option that keeps you full of energy without the sugar crash. Great for those times when you need a “quick fix,” but want a healthy option.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it below.