As one of the top fitness blogs on the web, DIY Active gives you the best and most effective workout ideas. For us, fitness isn’t locked up at the gym. We want you to have the control and power to transform your body into a healthier version.
- Obe Fitness. Obe Fitness is a program that will give you access to NYC’s top fitness instructors. It has 28-minute workout routines and unlimited resources.
- Alo Moves. Alo Moves caters to different skill levels. They upload weekly workouts, ranging from yoga, Pilates, and meditation. You can download the routine so you can perform it anytime you want. This is aside from the best yoga topics online you’ll get.
- Core de Force. This 30-day cardio program requires zero equipment. It uses martial arts like Muay Thai, boxing, and more.
- Insanity. Don’t let the program name fool you! Insanity is a 60-day cardio program for advanced exercisers. While the routines are harder, the results are insane.
- P90X. For those who are willing to commit, P90X will give the challenge. This is a 90-day program with intense routines, ranging from martial arts, yoga, plyometrics, and more.
- CrossFit. CrossFit is a versatile routine that you can customize to suit your level. It’s a combination of routines performed with exercise and rest intervals.
- BBG. This 12-week program focuses on cardio, balance, and strength. Each workout is 28 minutes long and easy to follow.
- P. Volve. P. Volve is a high-intensity routine that uses a lot of resistance to strengthen the muscles. They have 200+ workouts for you to peruse.
- PIIT28. This interval training program doesn’t require equipment and can be performed in minimal spaces. It involves 28-minute routines performed in 28 days.
- PiYo. PiYo is a 60-day plan that uses elements of yoga and Pilates. This suits reluctant exercisers since it’s low-impact and no equipment is required.
How to Gain Muscle from Home Workouts?
Gaining muscles is more than just about lifting weights. Here at DIY Active, we want you to perform weight training the right way. The following tips will help you get ripped:
- Calorie surplus. While this may sound counter intuitive, you actually need more calories if you want to build muscles. This is called bulking, a process that involves fueling the body with calories to be used in building muscles.
- Consume enough protein. Protein is the building block of muscles. It’s important to eat whole protein to sustain muscle growth. Otherwise, your body will waste away due to your intense routines.
- Progressive overload. One rookie mistake you should avoid is lifting the heaviest weight in the stack. You need to observe progressive overload. This can be done by adding more weight gradually or making rest times shorter.
- Increased reps. For your muscles to keep growing bigger, you have to keep stressing them. More repetitions mean increased challenge for your muscles. This will lead to gains.
- Boost time under tension. Time under tension refers to the period on which your muscle experiences strain. You can do this by slowing down your movements so your muscles will feel the tension very well.
As one of the top fitness blogs, these are just some of the tips we have in store for you. From home to group workout ideas, we are your go-to resource.