Turkey Enchilada Casserole
For all of you athletes out there from amateur to elite, the food you eat is part of your training plan. This meal will not only repair and rebuild the muscles you worked out today but also get you ready for your next round of exercise. This turkey enchilada casserole recipe serves 6-8.
Enchilada Casserole Ingredients
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 12-oz bottle enchilada sauce
- 1 4-oz can dice green chilies, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Enchilada Casserole Directions
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In a large pan, cook turkey, onion, and green pepper until meat is no longer pink. Drain any liquid.
- Stir in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chilies, beans, and salt. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup Mexican cheese, cottage cheese, and egg. Set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with half the tortillas; spread with half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the meat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove casserole from the oven after 25 minutes and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of Mexican cheese and cilantro. Return to oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.