Broccoli Quinoa Salad Recipe
Quinoa is actually a seed higher in protein than other grains. It’s easy to digest being gluten-free and is manganese-rich which is important for energy production and hormone balance. Together this broccoli and spinach quinoa salad makes for a great, healthy combination full of vitamins and minerals! Give this recipe a try today! Makes 4 servings.
Broccoli Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped, microwaved 1 minute with 2 tablespoons water, drained
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
Broccoli Quinoa Salad Directions
- Cook quinoa: Place quinoa in a small pot with broth. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- For the dressing: Place lemon juice, garlic, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Assemble salad: Place remaining vegetables in a large bowl. Add warm quinoa. Pour dressing over all ingredients and toss to combine.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.