Healthy Curried Coleslaw
Coleslaw is one of those classic dishes that work well at any event or makes a great side dish for dinner (like this chickpea salad). However, it can become pretty calorie-dense with a classic mayonnaise base. This curried coleslaw variation is a bit of a twist on the traditional version, but it’s tasty, creamy, and best of all… healthy!
Curried Coleslaw — Made Healthily!
Cabbage — being part of the Brescia family of vegetables — comes with a variety of health perks. It’s extremely high in antioxidants, making it perfect for cancer prevention. It also contains a lot of vitamin C which helps repair wear and tear on the body.
Cabbage is loaded with fiber, beta-carotene, and many other minerals.
So that makes this dish perfect for you!
Curried Coleslaw Recipe
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (roughly four cups once sliced)
- 1/2 head cabbage (roughly 4 cups once sliced)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup cranberries
Curried Coleslaw Directions
- Slice the cabbage into small ribbons.
- Combine cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, and spices.
- Pour half the dressing over the coleslaw and begin to mix. Once almost mixed, pour in the other half and mix again.
- Make sure each and every piece of cabbage is coated.
- Toss in the cranberries and combine.
- The slaw will look dry, but it moistens up after sitting.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of six hours, though it’s best after twenty-four.
- Makes 10 cups.
This curried coleslaw is a tasty variation of a classic. It’s light, flavorful and easy to make
You can have your slaw and eat it, too! This creamy coleslaw is a healthy twist on a classic favorite. It’s full of nutrients and loaded with vitamins, which makes it a great addition to any BBQ or as an awesome side dish to dinner.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it below.