Shrimp Summer Rolls Recipe
These easy-to-make shrimp summer rolls are right up your alley if you’re looking for foods that will keep your blood sugar levels calm. In other words, these rolls won’t make you feel bloated or tired after your meal. Nice! While the ingredient list may look long, you will notice that it also contains the recipe for a great sauce that goes with the summer rolls – the complete, healthy, delicious package! Makes 5 servings.
Summer Rolls Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, cold-pressed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon mirin, Mikawa mirin from sweet rice (no sweeteners), or honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari, wheat-free
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves removed
- ½ bunch mint leaves removed
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 12 ounces kelp noodles
- 10 brown rice wrappers
Summer Rolls Directions
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Submerge one rice paper wrapper in the water for about 30 seconds just until soft and pliable. Transfer to a clean, dry cutting board and place 2 to 3 shrimp, a few pieces of pepper and cucumber, a small handful of noodles, and a few spinach, cilantro, and mint leaves in the center.
- Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, pressing down to create a seal, then fold the sides of the wrapper towards the center, tucking in the filling. Roll the wrapper up, like a burrito. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Slice each roll in half diagonally and serve with dipping sauce.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.