Summer Squash Recipe
The perfect light meal for lunch or dinner featuring seasonal produce. This baked summer squash omelet makes for a protein-rich entrée paired with a mixed green salad will keep you at the top of your game. Got to love complete, easy to make meals that are healthy and nutritious! Makes 4 servings.
Summer Squash Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ pound zucchini, cut in 1/3-inch dice
- ½ red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Summer Squash Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pan. Add the leek and cook three minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, squash, and peppers. Cook 8 minutes, until softened. Stir in parsley, chives, salt, and pepper. Turn off heat and set pan aside.
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 2-quart casserole with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Whisk eggs together with salt and pepper. Whisk in yogurt and cheese. Stir in the vegetable mixture and transfer to oiled casserole dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes until lightly browned at edges. Cool 10 minutes.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.