Shrimp in Curry Sauce with Rice Recipe:
Shrimp in curry sauce with rice makes for an easy-to-cook meal. Shrimp is well-loved around the world not only for being delicious and nutritious; it’s also very popular among cooks because it is so easy to prepare. It only takes about 4 to 5 minutes to cook shrimp on a stove top.
Why Cook This
In fact, you will be surprised to learn that cooking shrimp curry isn’t that difficult as it seems. Shrimp in curry sauce with rice would only take you 15 to 20 minutes. It can be a very flavorful and satisfying lunch or dinner, even if you are in a hurry.
Shrimp is Super Healthy
There are health benefits of cooking shrimp in a curry recipe. With high levels of protein and vitamin D but low in carbohydrates, shrimp is very healthy. Shrimp is also high in zinc, which can increase leptin levels. Leptin is a hormone that is associated with fat storage and appetite. Studies have linked high leptin levels to suppressing appetite, which can go a long way if you want to lose weight.
Shrimp can also promote bone health. Aside from protein, shrimp has vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. These minerals can fight off bone degeneration. Adding shrimp to your diet can slow down the effects of aging bones, and help you prevent osteoporosis.
Moreover, shrimp is rich in iron, a key mineral that promotes oxygen flow to the muscles and brain. Iron is thus able to support muscular strength and endurance while promoting improved comprehension, concentration, and better memory.
Shrimp is a nutrition powerhouse that is delicious and easy to cook.
Health benefits of curry powder
Curry powder, which we will use later in our recipe, is a popular spice mix with numerous health benefits. It has been linked to cancer prevention, lowering risks of heart diseases, fighting off Alzheimer’s disease, boosting bone health, and increasing the ability of the liver to remove toxins from the body.
It consists of numerous ingredients such as coriander, turmeric, cardamom, cumin, red pepper and sweet basil. Other ingredients that may be present include cinnamon, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds or mustard seeds. Turmeric has been proven to stimulate the immune system thanks to its active component curcumin. This effect allows for the elimination of plaque in the brain, which can help in lowering risks of Alzheimer’s disease. In fact, many scientists believe that this is the reason why cognitive decline is very low in India, where curry dishes are so common.
Turmeric, too, is said to be effective in reducing pain and inflammation caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
Numerous studies have also shown that curcumin has cancer-killing abilities, albeit when administered in high doses. The presence of sweet basil allows curry powder to reduce tension in the blood vessels, leading to lower blood pressure.
Shrimp in curry sauce with rice
This recipe makes four servings. It should take you around 20 minutes to finish it.
- One and a quarter pound of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- One tablespoon of curry powder
- One cup of chopped onion
- Three-fourths cup of whipping cream
- Three-fourths cup of bottled clam juice
- Chopped green onions
- Three tablespoons of mango chutney
- Two tablespoons of butter or about ¼ stick
- Cooked white rice
Step by step guide:
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet placed over low heat. Add the shrimp then sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turns opaque in the center.
- Using a slotted spoon, move the shrimp to a bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Add the onion then sauté it for 3 minutes. Cover with curry powder and stir until the onion has become noticeably tender.
- Add cream, clam juice, and chutney. Cover the skillet until the sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon. Stir occasionally. This should not take more than 8 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for about a minute, or until the shrimps are opaque in the middle.
- Spoon the rice onto plates then set aside with shrimp, green onions, and sauce.
Shrimp in curry sauce with rice is the ideal lunch or dinner. It’s quick and easy to prepare. It’s delicious and nutritious. This is the type of meal that I would recommend if you are always in a hurry, but you still want to enjoy a filling and healthy meal at home.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it below.