Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
You may already have the ingredients on hand to make this hardy slow cooker chili – which makes it the perfect winter (or any time of the year) recipe! It’s both gluten-free and full of plant protein which means it will help fill you up and keep you full. Grab your ingredients, get the slow cooker out, and give this hearty, healthy recipe a try on those cold winter days!
Slow Cooker Chili Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 1-ounce dark chocolate (70% cacao or more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Cook garlic, onion, and green pepper for 4 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer to slow cooker along with the tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, broth, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook 6 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- Stir in quinoa, chocolate, and salt. Cover and cook 15 more minutes.
Looking for a special recipe? A certain meal you want to see? A tasty snack food? Or just more of the same awesomeness? Let us know and we can make it happen!
Give it a try and let us know below. Until then, eat up, be full, and be healthy!
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.