Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes Recipe
We all know that we need to fill up properly in the morning to help us seize the day! It’s great to get the proper carbs and protein to help fill you up, keep you full, and help reduce your snacking throughout the day. This recipe could be exactly what the doctor ordered! This high-protein, high-fiber breakfast will anchor your appetite through the morning. Pop a few in a snack bag to tackle hunger pangs later in the day too.
Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes Ingredients
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup carrots, grated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut or canola oil
- Process oats and walnuts in a food processor until it resembles coarse flour. Add remaining ingredients, except oil, and process until blended.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add batter by the tablespoonful. When bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
Do you want to see a special recipe? A special meal you want to see? Certain snack foods? Or just more of the same awesomeness? Let us know and we can make it happen!
Give it a try and let us know below. Until then, eat up, be full, and be healthy!