Tempeh Bacon Recipe
We are definitely carnivorous here at DIY Active but we know there are many people out there who aren’t or who are looking for a healthier alternative now and then especially with a few studies depicting how processed meats can be harmful to our health. Well, here’s a recipe for a tasty alternative – tempeh bacon. Tempeh is a probiotic food which means it aids digestion, keeps your brain healthy, and helps to avoid disease. Sounds like a good substitute now and then!
Tempeh Bacon Ingredients
- 1 8-ounce pkg tempeh, sliced into 20 thin slices
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Tempeh Bacon Directions
- Arrange tempeh slices in 2 13- x 9-inch baking dishes. Bring soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, cumin, chipotle chile powder, and ¼ cup water to a boil in a small pan. Boil 1 minute. Pour over tempeh slices. Cool, then cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer tempeh slices to the baking sheet.
- Brush each tempeh bacon slice with oil and sprinkle with some paprika. Bake 10 minutes. Turn tempeh slices, brush with oil, and bake 5 minutes more, or until crisp and brown.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.