Roasted Pumpkin Noodles Recipe
Here’s another great roasted pumpkin recipe for this time of year! Everything is pumpkin, isn’t it? Give this delicious recipe a try! Pumpkin’s vitamin A will help you see at night. Shirataki noodles are vegan, gluten-free, and because the fiber they contain is indigestible, are calorie-free.
Roasted Pumpkin Ingredients
- 1 small sugar pumpkin, trim stem and bottom, cut in half, remove seeds and pulp
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Kale Pesto Ingredients
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 6 hours or overnight
- 1 ½ cups lacinato or dinosaur kale, chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 8-ounce pkg yam flour noodles (shirataki), rinse with warm water in a colander, drain
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
Roasted Pumpkin Directions
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Brush inside of pumpkin with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place cut side down on a foil-covered baking sheet. Roast for 50 minutes, until flesh is tender. Flip halves over and cool slightly then cut up.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto. Place cashews, kale, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a blender. Blend until smooth or desired consistency.
- Add everything (roasted pumpkin and pesto) to cooked shirataki noodles.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.