Sour Cherry Smoothie Recipe
Sour (or tart) cherries don’t stay fresh very long so freeze some to enjoy in winter. This is a great smoothie for avid exercisers because this high antioxidant tart cherry juice can decrease muscle aches. Blend this smoothie up after a workout to rehydrate and reduce exercise-induced free radicals which can lead to painful inflammation.
Sour Cherry Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen sour cherries
- 1 cup frozen chopped zucchini
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 4-6 drops vanilla stevia, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Simple enough, right?
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
If you’re looking for the perfect smoothie maker, check out this guide on how to choose a blender for smoothies.
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.