Halibut Soup Recipe
Halibut is a good fish to try if you find salmon too “fishy”. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and holds together well when cooked making it a favorite with seafood chefs. Give this halibut soup recipe a try as the weather turns colder! Makes 4 servings.
Halibut Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- ⅓ cup dry sherry
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound halibut fillet or other firm white fish, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the leeks, garlic, and fennel and cook until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sherry, tomatoes and their juice, red pepper, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer until the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Eat up!
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.