Quinoa with Vegetables Recipe
Concerned about protein (who isn’t these days)? Then you will love this black bean and quinoa with vegetables recipe! Both quinoa and black beans are plant-based foods that contain the essential amino acids necessary for our body to build complete proteins. This makes for a mouth-watering recipe the entire family will adore! Makes 4 servings.
Quinoa with Vegetables Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1½ cups red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1½ cups carrots, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion, celery, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in cumin and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and their juice. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, quinoa, carrots, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover pan and simmer 25 minutes, until quinoa is cooked.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and sprinkle with cheese.
Looking for a certain breakfast recipe or anything else you can think of? Let us know and we will make it happen!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!