Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Who doesn’t like things to be easy? I’m a guy, I like my cooking to be easy. This sweet potato fries recipe is about as easy as it gets. By combining four ingredients, throwing them in the oven, and forgetting about them for 20 minutes, you get a healthy, delicious snack.
Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Sweet Potato Fries Directions
Now you will notice, there is actually sugar in the ingredients list. Don’t fret, it breaks down to 3 grams of brown sugar totaling 11 calories, that’s nothing! Now back to the recipe.
- First, wash the sweet potato, cutting out any bad areas.
- Second, chop the sweet potato (skin and all) into fry-shaped pieces 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and wide (the length doesn’t matter). The smaller you cut them up the faster they will bake!
- Third, place the fries in a large Tupperware container and add the remaining ingredients. Place the lid on the bowl and shake the entire concoction up vigorously until the fries are equally coated.
- Finally, spray a large cookie sheet with a non-stick coating and then spread out the fries evenly. With the oven preheated to 400 degrees, bake the fries for 20 minutes. You may need to leave them in longer if you have larger fries.
- They are done if the fries are soft and can be cut with a spatula.
What a great snack, right?
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.