Mushroom Soup Recipe
This soup is creamy but contains no dairy. Coconut milk is the secret ingredient that brings wild rice, mushrooms, and peas together in a hearty, early spring soup. Makes 4-6 servings of creamy wild rice mushroom soup with peas.
Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant or quick-cooking wild rice, or cook regular wild rice according to package directions and stir in with the broth
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- pea shoots, for garnish
Mushroom Soup Directions
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots, and leeks. Cook, stirring often until softened about 7 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add white wine and thyme and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Add broth to Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Add instant rice and peas. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 7 minutes, then stir in dill. Garnish with pea shoots.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.