Homemade Hummus Recipe:
What’s not to love about hummus? It tastes amazing and is totally good for you with tons of fiber (garbanzo beans), fat burning lignans (tahini) and omega-3s (extra virgin olive oil). I just wanted to pass along a simple recipe that I got from a coworker so you can make your own!
Homemade Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cumin, salt, and pepper to meet your tastes
- Blend it all up in a food processor until it is a paste and enjoy with pita bread.
- You can add tomatoes or red peppers to try different flavors.
- Experiment and have fun with it!
For more healthy, easy to make recipes visit our Recipes Page.
Photo via Hannah Marie Photography
Advertising Disclosure: DIY Active (DIYactive.com) may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.