Cacao Cupcakes Recipe
These treats are intentionally not too sweet and delicious. Cacao is raw chocolate powder and contains powerful antioxidants which improve cardiac health and help fight cancer making these cacao cupcakes healthy and yummy! Makes 12 cacao cupcakes.
Cacao Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups grated beets
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
Cacao Cupcakes Directions
- Preheat the oven to 325 ºF. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and maple syrup. Stir in the beets and walnuts and add into the dry ingredients. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the batter into a paper-lined cupcake tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, then set aside and cool in the tin for 30 minutes before icing.
- Combine the cashews, cacao powder, lemon juice, agave nectar, and water in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional 1 tablespoon water if necessary.
- Ice cupcakes with icing when cool. Sprinkle cacao nibs over iced cupcakes.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Latest posts by Jennifer Cohen Katz (see all)
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.