Eggplant Pancakes Recipe
This is the season to get some great-tasting eggplant. Hit up the farmers’ market often. Then use your eggplant which has the phytonutrient nasunin, which protects our cell membranes from free radical damage, in these wheat-free pancakes. Try out this simple, delicious recipe.
Eggplant Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, and more for cooking pancakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Ingredients
- 1 28-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, or roast 2 large red peppers in the oven, peel and deseed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Slice eggplant in half and brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out eggplant flesh and chop. In a large bowl, combine eggplant with coconut milk, eggs, and basil.
- In a small bowl, combine garbanzo flour, oat flour, nutritional yeast, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder, za’atar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet. When the pancake has small bubbles on the surface flip to cook another side, about 2-3 minutes per side. A griddle works as well. Read more about the best pancake griddle.
- To make the sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve at room temperature or warmed over pancakes.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Latest posts by Jennifer Cohen Katz (see all)
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.