Fish Chowder Recipe
Here’s the answer to a meal balanced in carbs and protein that will have you feeling satisfied but not stuffed. Be generous with the parsley if you love it. This herb adds vitamin K, C, and A as well as folate and iron to your bowl. Makes 4 servings. Looking for more fish recipes? Just visit CookingPlanIt and try out their Potato-Crusted Salmon! This recipe may sound fancy to you but you’ll be surprised by how easy and delicious it is.
Fish Chowder Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound haddock, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 ounces clams, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, thyme, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, clam juice, pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add fish, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Add clams, cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes until warmed through.
- Remove bay leaves and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Looking for a certain breakfast recipe or anything else you can think of? Or just more of the same great recipes? Let us know and we will make it happen!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below. Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!