Lemon Ginger Noodles Recipe
Ready for a great recipe? You have to try these lemon ginger noodles! Fresh soy beans or edamame is a great plant-based protein but you can add good quality meat or seafood if you’d like. Opt for the tamari and buckwheat soba if you are avoiding wheat products. Makes 4 servings.
Lemon Ginger Noodles Ingredients
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, liquefied in microwave
- 8 ounces udon noodles or buckwheat soba
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
- 1 cup frozen , shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine rice vinegar, tamari, lemon zest and juice, ginger, honey, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Add sesame and canola oils and blend with a whisk.
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place canola oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes, until softened.
- Place edamame in a microwavable bowl. Add ½ cup water and cook on HIGH power for 3 minutes. Drain and add to mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off heat and add noodles to pan. Pour lemon ginger sauce over top and toss to combine. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Looking for more great recipes? Let us know and we will make it happen! Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it below. Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!