Stir-Fried Noodles Recipe
Eggplant and ginger are a natural flavor pairing especially in this stir-fried noodles DIY recipe! Eggplant contains an antioxidant called nasunin which fights free radical damage in the body the source of disease development and premature aging. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory that aids digestion. Yup, go on and say it, “Simply Amazing!” Makes 4 servings.
Stir-Fried Noodles Ingredients
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1 -inch cubes
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (or 2 tablespoons agave syrup and 1 tablespoon water)
- Place eggplant cubes in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let drain for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta water, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large pan. Add eggplant and onions. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until eggplant, becomes tender.
- Stir in ginger and garlic for 1 minute. Add pasta, edamame, soy sauce, mirin, and the reserved pasta water. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.