Salmon Cakes Recipe
Salmon cakes are a delicious, healthy way to increase your protein consumption and obtain some heart-healthy omega 3’s. Like all my previous recipes they are really simple and quick to make, I love simple.
Salmon Cakes Ingredients
- 1 can of pink salmon (15 oz)
- 2 whole eggs
- 8-10 crackers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Yup, that’s it!
Salmon Cakes Directions
- First, open the can and drain the water off the salmon.
- Next, remove any bones present in the salmon. Place the salmon in a mixing bowl along with the eggs and the crushed-up crackers (you may need more or fewer crackers depending on how well you drained the salmon). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, mix up the concoction by hand until it is thoroughly mixed (looks kind of nasty at this point).
- Next, form patties out of the mixture. I usually get 4-5 patties depending on how big I make them.
- Plop those suckers on your grill, George Foreman, or in a frying pan! Cook thoroughly until the patties are firm and the inside almost falls apart.
- I personally like to eat mine with ketchup, ketchup is kind of my thing (full of lycopene and really yummy)!
Have you given this simple meal a try yet?
Latest posts by Josh Anderson (see all)
- Afterburn It: Train to Achieve the EPOC Effect - January 2, 2022
- From the Founder: Setting Goals - December 28, 2021
- How to Sell a Fitness Website: 6 Steps to Sell Your Fitness Blog - September 6, 2021