Black Bean Dip Recipe
Plantains plus an incredible black bean dip makes for a healthy, fiber-rich snack that will not only fill you up but energize you! This chip and dip combination is a great source of potassium with lots of heart-healthy soluble fiber. This plantain and black bean dip combo is perfect for a tailgate or watching the game at home! Give it a try!
Plantain Chips Ingredients
- 3 plantains
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- sea salt
Black Bean Dip Ingredients
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
Plantain Chips Directions
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Peel the plantains and slice them thinly into rounds, diagonal oblongs, or full-length slices.
- Toss or brush with oil and arrange in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 20 – 30 minutes depending on shape and thickness.
- Cool for 10 minutes on paper towels.
Black Bean Dip Directions
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and chopped red onion
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.