Japanese Sweet Potatoes Recipe
How does this awesome Japanese sweet potatoes recipe look? From giving you a healthy dose of quality carbs to the digestive affects of miso soup, this is a great way to add some taste to your life! You may be familiar with miso soup but in this recipe it’s used to make a tasty sauce for vegetables. Miso is a probiotic which means better digestion for you. Not only that, but it is incredibly simple to make – you’ll look like a whiz kid in the kitchen. Start the year off right, one healthy bite at a time! This simple, healthy recipe makes 8 servings.
Japanese Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 ½ pounds Japanese or Garnet sweet potatoes , sliced crosswise into 4 or 5 slices
- ¼ cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid in microwave
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (preferably white)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- Arrange sweet potato slices in steamer basket over boiling water.
- Steam until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir together coconut oil, miso, and scallion until combined.
- Place steamed sweet potato slices in a serving bowls and drizzle miso scallion butter over top.
The beauty of this Japanese sweet potatoes and miso soup recipe is that it is incredibly simple and really really yummy! It’s as simple as steaming the sweet potatoes and then simply combining the soup and potatoes together – how great is that?
So go ahead and give this healthy recipe a try!