Portobello Mushroom Tacos Recipe
Got to love this tasty, healthy, vegetarian recipe because it’s simple, delicious, and of course healthy! Tempeh is a fermented soy food containing protein, fiber, antioxidants, and beneficial bacteria to improve gut health. What’s not to love about that? This portobello tacos recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
Portobello Mushroom Tacos Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems & gills removed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup radishes, sliced
- 1 jar salsa
Portobello Mushroom Tacos Directions
- Heat oil in a large pan. Slice mushrooms into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and cook 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tempeh, mushroom slices, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, tomato paste, cilantro, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Toast tortillas in a small dry pan, 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with a clean dish towel to keep warm.
- Assemble each taco by placing 1/4 cup of filling in a tortilla. Top with avocados, radishes, and salsa.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Latest posts by Jennifer Cohen Katz (see all)
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable Soup - March 22, 2021
- Recipe: Peach Maca Soft Ice Cream - January 17, 2021
- Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash - August 5, 2020
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.