Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe:
We got a really awesome treat for you today. This recipe is the ideal way to fuel up for your upcoming day. You can’t imagine how delicious this omega-3, fiber, and protein-packed breakfast is! It’s sweetened only with fiber-rich dates to give you a smooth start to your day. Sounds like an energy packed, healthy way to get your day started and help fill you up for the upcoming challenges ahead! Makes 8 servings.
Vanilla Chia Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours
- 4 cups filtered water
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 4 persimmons, or 4 cups berries or other fruit
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Drain cashews and transfer to a high speed blender.
- Add water, dates, salt, cinnamon, coconut butter, and vanilla.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chia seeds.
- Stir to blend without clumps of chia seeds.
- Refrigerate 2 or more hours to allow chia seeds to absorb moisture.
- Serve topped with persimmons and cacao nibs.
Looking for a certain meal, breakfast recipe, snack, or anything you can think of? A tasty snack food? Or just more of the same awesomeness? Let us know and we can make it happen!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Until next time: eat up, be full, and be healthy!
Discover the honest, doable dieting approach...
FreshBalanceNutrition.com helps you to enjoy whole foods to reach a healthy weight, avoid disease, and feel balanced. Jennifer Cohen Katz is a registered dietitian/ nutritionist that lives the same active, healthy lifestyle she recommends to clients. Her knowledge and passion encompass integrative and functional nutrition, sports nutrition, and whole foods cooking.