Root Vegetable Chips Recipe
A more flavorful and healthier alternative to store-bought chips, these are best eaten right out of the oven. Root veggies are full of fiber, antioxidants, slow-burning carbs, and even some iron so munch away. Makes 6 root vegetable chip servings.
Vegetable Chips Ingredients
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 celeriac, peeled
- 1 rutabaga, peeled
- 1 purple sweet potato, scrubbed, peeling optional
- 1 orange sweet potato, scrubbed, peeling optional
- 1 red beet, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maldon sea salt
- Assorted seasonings
Vegetable Chips Directions
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Use a mandolin [or you can also use a knife] to slice vegetables 1/16th to 1/8th-inch thick.
- Lightly brush both sides of vegetable slices with olive oil. Arrange on a baking rack on a sheet pan or parchment paper lined sheet pans. Do not let slices overlap each other.
- Sprinkle with salt and desired seasonings such as curry powder, aleppo pepper, oregano, dill, or za’atar blend.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes checking frequently to remove smaller slices that may cook before larger ones. Chips are finished when slightly brown and crisp.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.