Spinach Grapefruit Salad Recipe
The dark green leaves are in season right now – spinach is sweet and versatile. In this refreshing, spring spinach salad you’ll get some protein, healthy plant-based fats, and a bunch of fiber! Makes 4 servings!
Note: To remove grapefruit segments: Slice off each end. Place the grapefruit on end and cut the rind and pith off the grapefruit. Hold the peeled grapefruit over a bowl and carefully cut out the segments from the membrane, set aside. After all the segments are removed, squeeze the remaining membrane and peel to remove all the juice. Reserve two tablespoons of juice.
Spinach Grapefruit Salad Ingredients
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented, juice reserved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey (raw, local if possible)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup walnut oil
Spinach Grapefruit Salad Directions
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients except oil. Whisk together. Then pour oil in slowly while whisking to blend.
- Pour dressing over spinach salad and toss to coat.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.