Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Looking for some healthy breakfasts? Who doesn’t love a great, delicious breakfast bowl to help energize your day and get you going… especially if it’s quick! Here is a warm, cozy breakfast with a bit of spring to top it off. Stir up an energy-packed bowl that includes protein, fiber, and healthy fat to help to keep your morning peppy and maybe even take you through the 10:30 am “I just need a little something” stage. This could be exactly what you need!
Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or warmed local raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Breakfast Bowl Directions
- In a small pot, bring quinoa, coconut milk, and salt to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top each portion with strawberry slices, coconut, and almonds. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey and add a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pour additional warm coconut milk over the top if you’d like to create more of a porridge.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Another breakfast recipe? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.