Potato Love Recipe
Want deliciously simple? Well of course you do, we all do! Want a healthy alternative for breakfast or even a great post-workout meal? This may be one of the simplest recipes I’ve ever had. This amazing meal is great for a post-workout meal because it combines plenty of carbs, proteins, and even fiber into one easy-to-make meal! As we have discussed many times, you have to eat and eat properly to see the results you want!
Potato Love Ingredients
- 1 – Large red potato (with skin): 250 calories, 7g protein, 6g fiber
- 1 – cup onion: 160 calories, 2g protein, 3g fiber
- 2 – Large eggs: 180 calories, 12g protein
- 2 – Tsp minced garlic (I’m lazy so I buy already minced garlic)
- 2 – Tblsp of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Black Pepper to taste
Potato Love Directions
- First, wash and slice your onion and potato into small chunks (1/2 in cubes).
- Add a small amount (2-3 tbsp) of EVOO to a large skillet. Turn your oven top on low and add all the ingredients besides the eggs, stir.
- Cover the concoction and let it steam (you can add a couple of tsp of water if you want to steam quicker) for 20 minutes stirring occasionally and adding any black pepper you may want.
- When the potatoes are soft enough to easily cut with your spatula, create a little hole in the mix and put the eggs (as many as you want) there to cook evenly.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove the concoction, let it cool, and enjoy!
- I usually put hot sauce on things like this to not only add a little flare of taste but to also get some of the added benefits of capsaicin from the peppers! What are your go-to meals?
What else can we add to spice it up? Let us know below!