Here’s a great way to spice up your diet and add some great flavor – we could all use a little more of that! Picadillo is a traditional dish in Spain and many Latin American countries. It is a hash or stew with raisins for sweetness and olives for a salty taste. Sweet and salty all at once! Serve in whole grain tortillas with a salad for a quick balanced meal. This awesome, healthy recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 8 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan. Set aside, we will get back to that in a minute.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook 3 minutes until softened. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Cook 1 minute. Add raisins, olives, tomato paste, and water.
- Return meat to pan and blend all ingredients together. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Serve with tortillas.
- Your entire family will love this simple, yummy recipe! Give it a try tonight!
Give it a try and let us know how you liked it below in the comment section! We look forward to hearing back from you!