Zucchini Quinoa Fritters Recipe
These spicy patties are a good source of plant protein and fiber. Serve with liberal amounts of creamy, citrus-flavored lemon cream. This winning flavor combo will keep you satiated and your blood sugar levels in check for hours. This simple recipe makes 16 fritters.
Zucchini Quinoa Fritters Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
Lemon Cashew Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight
- ½ cup almond or other nut milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Grate zucchini using a box grater or food processor. Place in a colander and press to drain excess liquid.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except for oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan. Measure 1/4 cup portions of the batter and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and remaining batter.
- For the lemon cashew cream: Drain cashews. Place all ingredients for lemon cashew cream in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Adjust consistency by adding water or more nut milk. Serve with fritters.
Looking for a certain recipe? Special meal? Anything else you can think of?
Let us know and we will make it happen! We love giving you exactly what you want so drop us a line today!
Give this recipe a try and let us know below.
Disclosure: In the spirit of full disclosure, DIYactive.com may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain reviews or your clicking on links posted on this website.