Get Motivated and Get Results
Are you ready to get motivated?
There are always going to be those days when you just want to hit the snooze button and fall back to sleep rather than hit the gym. If you’re one such person, you’re not alone.
But then you know what they say “No Pain, No Gain.”
Woody Allen rightly put it “80 percent of life is just showing up.” So if you are trying to find the right motivation that will make you go to the gym, you’re already halfway there to success.
Read on for some interesting information that you can use as motivation boosters.
A Few Tricks To Keep You Motivated:
1. Set realistic goals
Many studies have shown that setting goals and targets act as a great motivator to get things done. If you’re hitting the gym to lose weight, set weekly targets. This way you know you have to work towards something, which is a big motivator in itself.
However, it is very important that you set realistic goals so that you don’t feel demoralized not meeting them at the end of the week. For example, if you want to lose 10 pounds in 2 months, set a weekly goal of 2 pounds each.
This is a more achievable target, which will keep you motivated to move on to the next week of working out. [Editor’s Note: I agree 100%, sub-goals are key]
2. Look at the big picture
Make a mental note of the results of the hard work you’re putting in at the gym. For example, if you’re working towards a flat belly so that you can fit into that extra small dress you’ve been eying at your favorite designer store, picture yourself in that dress and see how good you feel about it.
This will help you get motivated every day.
3. Take a buddy with you
If you and your friend work out together, you can be each other’s motivation. It has often been seen that doing things in a group or with someone else makes even a boring and tedious task fun and easy to complete. Visiting the gym daily with your friend makes working out less boring and more enjoyable.
You can both enjoy each other’s company and look forward to meeting each other at the gym every day.
4. Buy yourself new clothes and shoes
Who doesn’t like new clothes! Just the idea of you wearing that awesome outfit and killer sneakers you just purchased is bound to get you motivated enough to go to the gym.
5. Acknowledge your hard work
It has been scientifically proven that small treats and recognition are the biggest motivators of all. People tend to work harder and better when they know that acclimation and rewards are to be won.
Treats can be small, like a piece of your favorite cake during the weekend or one hour of complete relaxation after a hard week’s exercising.
You can also treat yourself to a spa treatment or a massage during weekends when you’ve met your weekly target.
6. Things You Should Have In Your Gym Bag
There are a few essentials that all gym-goers should carry in their bag. These things not only help them get motivated and keep them motivated but also make the working out session fun and more effective.
- Music: Have you ever wondered why most gyms always have music playing in the background. This is to keep you distracted so that you don’t keep concentrating on how hard you’re working or how many miles you’ve run on the treadmill.
- Pre-workout Snack: This is absolutely essential. You need to eat something before you workout so that you can exercise more vigorously and have the energy to go that extra mile. Grab yourself a snack as a great workout booster!
- Towel: While working out, you’re bound to break into a sweat. So unless you don’t want to be dripping all over the gym floor, it is important that you carry a towel. If possible, carry extra clothing as well so that you can change after you’re done.
- Post-workout snack: You’re bound to be hungry after your workout so it is important that you keep a snack in your bag so that you can munch on it on your way home. This kills the hunger and prevents you from overeating in your next meal.
Ready to get motivated?
What are you waiting for? Implement these motivational boosters in your daily life today and start your journey to a more fulfilling and enjoyable “gymming” experience. It’s time to get motivated!